Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my Mother's chocolate rum ball recipe. I used to wait all year for Xmas just to eat these. Since I've grown up, my friends and family now wait all year for me to make them. Co-workers love them too. I've never put rum in them, but have added some peppermint schnapps for something different. Best if they can sit in the fridge for at least a night.
- 250 g milk coffee biscuits
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 (400 g) can condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup shredded coconut, plus
- extra shredded coconut, for rolling
- You'll need a large bowl for mixing, a small bowl for the extra cocont for rolling, and a deep tray for the finished balls for the fridge.
- Crush biscuits - smash in a bag, or in a food processor - leave some bits the size of a pinkie fingernail for crunch.
- Mix crushed biscuits, coconut, cocoa and condensed milk.
- Add a bit of rum or other if desired.
- Roll mixture into small balls - inch or less diameter.
- Roll balls in coconut and place on a tray.
- Put tray full of balls into fridge.