This is my Mother's chocolate rum ball recipe. I used to wait all year for Xmas just to eat these. Since I've grown up, my friends and family now wait all year for me to make them. Co-workers love them too. I've never put rum in them, but have added some peppermint schnapps for something different. Best if they can sit in the fridge for at least a night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g milk coffee biscuits
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 (400 g) can condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup shredded coconut, plus
- extra shredded coconut, for rolling
- 1You'll need a large bowl for mixing, a small bowl for the extra cocont for rolling, and a deep tray for the finished balls for the fridge.
- 2Crush biscuits - smash in a bag, or in a food processor - leave some bits the size of a pinkie fingernail for crunch.
- 3Mix crushed biscuits, coconut, cocoa and condensed milk.
- 4Add a bit of rum or other if desired.
- 5Roll mixture into small balls - inch or less diameter.
- 6Roll balls in coconut and place on a tray.
- 7Put tray full of balls into fridge.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "rum" Balls - Easiest Ever!
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.8
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.0 mg
- Sodium 195.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 66.0 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
milk coffee biscuits