Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the way our good friend Carl E. and his family make rum balls. They are very rich and good. Make sure to let them set a few days before eating. No baking necessary!
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 44.37 ml light corn syrup
- 118.29 ml dark rum
- 591.47 ml Nilla wafer crumbs
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 236.59 ml pecans, finely chopped
- powdered sugar, additional for rolling
- Melt chocolate bits in microwave.
- Add corn syrup and rum.
- Combine with vanilla wafer crumbs, powdered sugar and nuts.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
- Let ripen in a covered container for at least 3 days.
DD made for Christmas. I can't wait for it to be discovered how healthy Rum Balls can be.