Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the way our good friend Carl E. and his family make rum balls. They are very rich and good. Make sure to let them set a few days before eating. No baking necessary!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 2 1⁄2 cups Nilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- powdered sugar, additional for rolling
- Melt chocolate bits in microwave.
- Add corn syrup and rum.
- Combine with vanilla wafer crumbs, powdered sugar and nuts.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
- Let ripen in a covered container for at least 3 days.
DD made for Christmas. I can't wait for it to be discovered how healthy Rum Balls can be.