Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from "The Mississippi Cookbook." Recipe submitted by Ethel A. Richardson of West Point, MS. **Time includes the time for storage and drying**
Top Review by Laura_Ozz
These are super easy to make and they taste great! Although I prefer coconut rum. Just personal preference there. I have also made them with butterscotch schnapps with delicious results! They're very versatile too. Try different liqueurs, with or without the cocoa powder... so many ways to try them! ;)
- 1⁄2 lb vanilla wafer (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush vanilla wafers fine.
- With hands, mix crumbs with nuts, cocoa, corn syrup, and rum until a firm paste is formed.
- Dust palms of hands with sugar and shape mixture into little balls (about 1-inch).
- Allow to dry for 1 hour.
- Roll the balls into confectioner's sugar.
- Store in air-tight container several hours.
- Roll balls in confectioner's sugar again just before serving.