2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Prick sweet potatoes with a fork and place them on a baking sheet; bake for about 1 hour or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- 3Remove from oven; when they are cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh.
- 4In a bowl, mash the potatoes—it is ok if there are some lumps, the mixture does not have to be a fine puree.
- 5With a rasp grater or citrus zester, remove zest of both oranges; chop it and set aside.
- 6Juice the oranges, then stain the juice, pouring it into the potatoes.
- 7Add in half the zest, half the brown sugar, and half the rum.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Transfer mixture to a casserole dish; dot the top with butter; sprinkle the remaining brown sugar and rum over the top.
- 10Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- 11Just before serving, scatter the remaining zest over the top.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rum-Baked Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.4
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 137.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 39.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g