Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Interesting bread for any special occasion.
Make and share this Rum Apple Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Cream butter and gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg substitute and beat until well blended.
- Add rum and beat well.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and beat just to mix.
- Stir in apples and nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased 9X5 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
I wasn't sure what outcome to expect when the dough/batter was mixed as it was very thick and super sticky. Went ahead and baked it in an 8x4 dish and it came out lovely. So glad I checked it early as it was fully baked and pulled away from the sides at 45 mins. I used Morgan's Spiced Rum, replaced the sugar with Splenda and grated in 2 small Gala apples. Marvelous flavor with the pecans.
Very nice flavor and very moist. I might add a bit of spice (i.e. cinnamon and/or nutmeg) next time. I made with pecans.