Recipe by Maryland Jim
Interesting bread for any special occasion.
Top Review by Annacia
I wasn't sure what outcome to expect when the dough/batter was mixed as it was very thick and super sticky. Went ahead and baked it in an 8x4 dish and it came out lovely. So glad I checked it early as it was fully baked and pulled away from the sides at 45 mins. I used Morgan's Spiced Rum, replaced the sugar with Splenda and grated in 2 small Gala apples. Marvelous flavor with the pecans.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granny smith apple, peeled and coarsely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg substitute and beat until well blended.
- Add rum and beat well.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and beat just to mix.
- Stir in apples and nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased 9X5 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.