Recipe by Nanna D
This is a rich dessert - perfect for a ladies' gathering or an elegant dinner party; quick to assemble
- 1 large angel food cake
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped until frothy
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut angel cake into 3 layers.
- Cream butter, add sugar, then cream together; add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Lastly, add flavouring, mix well and spread between layers.
- Let stand in refrigerator 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Ice with whipped cream.
- Keep refrigerated.
- - sherry or brandy can be used instead of rum, if preferred.