Recipe by little_wing
Easy and elegant dessert. Also, fairly low calorie for a dessert. For a special touch, add a tablespoon of Kahlua, Baileys Irish Cream or other coffee liqueur to the coffee.
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1 tablespoon cognac
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups very strong espresso or 1 1⁄2 cups good quality coffee, cooled
- 16 ladyfingers
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the cheeses, rum and sugar with electric beaters until light and creamy and set aside.
- Pour the coffee into a large shallow dish.
- Quickly dip 1 side of half the ladyfingers into the coffee and lay closely together with the dipped side down over the base of a large flat-based serving dish or large cafe au lait cups.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture evenly over the ladyfingers.
- Dust with half the cocoa then repeat layers with coffee-dipped biscuits and cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Dust with remaining cocoa just before serving.