Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and elegant dessert. Also, fairly low calorie for a dessert. For a special touch, add a tablespoon of Kahlua, Baileys Irish Cream or other coffee liqueur to the coffee.
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1 tablespoon cognac
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups very strong espresso or 1 1⁄2 cups good quality coffee, cooled
- 16 ladyfingers
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, for dusting
- Beat the cheeses, rum and sugar with electric beaters until light and creamy and set aside.
- Pour the coffee into a large shallow dish.
- Quickly dip 1 side of half the ladyfingers into the coffee and lay closely together with the dipped side down over the base of a large flat-based serving dish or large cafe au lait cups.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture evenly over the ladyfingers.
- Dust with half the cocoa then repeat layers with coffee-dipped biscuits and cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Dust with remaining cocoa just before serving.
ZWT4: Outstanding!! Tiramisu is my husband's favorite dessert and this passed his test with flying colors!! Thank you for sharing this decadent treat!
Oh, just awesome! This recipes really is delicious. Tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts and this one did not disappoint. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
I added a little Kahlua and Baileys to the espresso for dipping the ladyfingers. There were no leftovers as everyone took seconds. Simply a great recipe! Thanks!