Recipe by Elly in Canada
This quick and easy microwave recipe is great with frozen or plain yogurt, spooned over cottage cheese and even delicious on French toast. Use fruit juice in place of rum if desired. Source: Foodland Ontario
Top Review by Boomette
This is so yummy. I had green rhubarbs from my garden to use and I like rhubarb compote. It's so easy to do in the microwave. The sweetness is just perfect. I used the rum. Great taste. Thanks Elly in Canada :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
- 4 cups trimmed rhubarb, chopped into 1-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In an 8-cup microwaveable dish, combine rhubarb, sugar, 2 tbsp of the rum and orange rind.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5 to 6 minutes, stir gently once, cook until rhubarb is tender.
- Stir in remaining rum.
- Let cool (mixture will thicken).
- Serve warm or at room temperature.