2 hrs 10 mins
Found on a recipe card, great for a Christmas treat or anytime for that matter! Prep time includes refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine rum and raisins in a small saucepan.
- 2Stand for 30 minutes, then stir over a low heat for 4-5 minutes until the raisins are soft and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- 3Transfer to a bowl.
- 4Add sponge, coconut and cream.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes until mixture is firm.
- 7Roll into balls the size of large marbles.
- 8Place on a plate and cover.
- 9Refrigerate a further 30 minutes.
- 10Break chocolate into pieces and place in a microwave-proof bowl.
- 11Add oil.
- 12Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute, then stir.
- 13Repeat this step until chocolate is melted.
- 14Dip truffles into the chocolate using a dipping stick or 2 teaspoons.
- 15Allow excess chocolate to drain off truffle, then place on a foil-lined plate.
- 16Leave in a cool place until set.
- 17Transfer to an airtight container and store in refigerator.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rum and Raisin Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.4
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 4.7 mg
- Sodium 10.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 1.0 g