Recipe by Evie*
Found on a recipe card, great for a Christmas treat or anytime for that matter! Prep time includes refrigeration.
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 100 g sponge cakes, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 1⁄8 teaspoon canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rum and raisins in a small saucepan.
- Stand for 30 minutes, then stir over a low heat for 4-5 minutes until the raisins are soft and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add sponge, coconut and cream.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes until mixture is firm.
- Roll into balls the size of large marbles.
- Place on a plate and cover.
- Refrigerate a further 30 minutes.
- Break chocolate into pieces and place in a microwave-proof bowl.
- Add oil.
- Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute, then stir.
- Repeat this step until chocolate is melted.
- Dip truffles into the chocolate using a dipping stick or 2 teaspoons.
- Allow excess chocolate to drain off truffle, then place on a foil-lined plate.
- Leave in a cool place until set.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in refigerator.