Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A popular West Indian flavour. Posted at the request of Chef --Vseward
Make and share this Rum and Raisin Ice-Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup dark rum
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl combine raisins and rum, let stand 3 to 4 hours.
- In a small saucepan scald milk. Add vanilla extract to the milk.
- In the top of a double boiler, whisk eggs yolks and sugar until light thick and creamy.
- Pour the milk over the eggs and mix well.
- Stir slowly and continuallly for 10 mins or until custard thickens slightly.
- Drain the rum from the raisins into the custard. Let cool.
- To make the ice-cream use the custard in your your ice-cream maker following the manufacturer's directions. Fold raisins in just before the ice-cream firmly freezes.
Lovely rich rum-raisin flavor - the rum is quite strong in this one! Next time I might put in just a tablespoon more sugar. A very nice frozen treat. Thanks for sharing!