Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dessert is a great standby if made ahead and frozen. I use fresh cream but any diet substitute works just as well. Caramel topping must be Smuckers brand since the others are a little too runny. This is a no-flop dessert!
- 250 ml boiling water
- 250 ml raisins
- 250 ml cream, fresh or 250 ml Cool Whip
- 14 ounces smuckers caramel topping
- 2 ml vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 7 ounces sugar cookies
- Soften raisins in water.
- Once softened, drain and discard water.
- If using fresh cream, whip until stiff then fold in caramel, vanilla and rum.
- Lay 1/2 the cookies in a 9x9 pie dish.
- Spread 1/2 the cream mixture over the cookies.
- Sprinkle 1/2 raisins over the cream.
- Repeat the layers.
- Refrigerate overnight.