Recipe by Ariella
From Bon Apetit. Cooking time is chilling time.
Top Review by Judikins
My guests (all 7 of them) rated this a definite 5 stars! It was delicious and absolutely hit the spot on a hot summer afternoon. I did, however, alter it and used tropical fresh fruit (pineapple, mango, kiwi, casaba melon, cantaloupe, red seedless grapes, blueberries and bananas). Served from a crystal bowl, it was equally delicious to the eye. In the autumn, I will definitely make it again using winter fruits more as you have described here. Since I had quite a lot of fruit, I more than doubled the honey and rum. Thank you for posting!
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon Angostura bitters (optional)
- 1 large orange
- 1 large golden delicious apple, unpeeled, cored, diced
- 1 pear, unpeeled, cored, diced (Fuji can be substituted)
- 1 banana, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup seedless grapes (red and green)
- 1 cup strawberry, hulled, halved
- 1 cup raspberries (and or or blueberries)