Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
I originally got this recipe off the net for a recipe request and have played around with it a bit. It's changed from the original, but good, I think.
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup Coca-Cola
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cook on medium setting for 5-6 hours.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Not sure what went wrong, made it just like the recipe but didn't get very good results. Not sureif I will try it again. Cinnamon was overpowering and the end result was very strange tasting. Not necessarily bad tasting but very odd.
Over-all a good recipe, but the cinnamon and nutmeg were really too much for me. I will cook again, but leave out those two spices.
Really easy. I used diet coke and coconut rum. YUM