Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Classic drink and cheesecake come together in this unusually delicious dessert recipe.
Make and share this Rum and Coke Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 225 g Oreo cookies, crushed
- 150 g butter, melted
- 150 ml cola
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet unflavored gelatin
- 450 g cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, grated
- 300 ml double cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix the cookies and the butter together and spoon into the flan tin. Press down firmly and place into the fridge to firm up.
- Put the cola in saucepan and sprinkle over the gelatine, leave for 5 minutes to soak up. Heat the cola mixture over a gentle heat, until the gelatine has fully dissolved. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese, rum and grated lime zest together until smooth. Stir in cola and gelatine. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon over the top of the biscuits and smooth over the top. Put in the fridge to set for 30 to 45 minutes. After this time remove from flan tin and place on a plate.
- Whisk the double cream, sugar, rum and lime juice together until firm.
- Pipe the cream around the edge of the cheesecake, decorate with the lime slices and serve immediately.