Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Caramelized bananas and wonderful dark rum join for one of my wife's most loved breakfast/dessert items.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 bananas
- 1⁄3 cup dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄8 cup powdered sugar
- First we make the crepe batter: sift the flour and salt into a medium sized mixing bowl, then whisk in the eggs, milk and 1 Tbsp of the vegetable oil. Cover and chill the mixture for 20-30 minutes.
- Peel the bananas and slice them into 1/3 inch sections then set aside.
- Cook the crepe batter over medium heat spreading thin with a Wood Crêpe Spreader or a soup spoon. Only cook the Crêpes on one side. When you remove them from the pan sprinkle them with powdered sugar this prevents them from sticking together when they are stacked.
- Saute the bananas in two batches using half the butter in each. when the bananas are lightly golden add the sugar and create the syrup, once smooth add the rum and then flambeau the mixture to burn off the excess alcohol.
- Serve the crepes with the whipped cream and you are done.
I've been looking for a rum/banana crepe...thank you so much.