Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are very nice and tender beef rolls. The cranberry in the sauce give it a really nice flavor. This is great service with potato dumplings, boiled or mash potato.
- 12 ounces ground veal
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley sprig (chopped)
- 8 slices beef top round steak, 6 " 8-inch (pounded to 1/8-inch)
- 1 large leek, white part only (sliced thin)
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine egg, veal, salt, pepper and parsley; mix well.
- Spread down the center of the on beef slices lenth wise.
- Sprinkle sliced leek.
- Roll and tie with thread or secure with small skewers or tooth picks.
- Place in ovenproof casserole closely together.
- In a small sauce pan combine cranberry and beef stock and boil over high heat.
- Pour over the beef rolls.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until tender.
- Serve immediately.
This was a lovely beef dish. I scaled it down to serve about two which made more than enough for me and my mother. I really enjoyed the cranberry sauce/gravy this dish made. I normally do not like my fruit mixed with my meat, but the cranberry sauce really paired nicely with this dish.