These are some cute little rye rounds, I can think of so many uses for them! Normally I would have converted the recipe to U.S. measure, but since baking is a science, am leaving it in it's original metric form. From Scandi-Home, a Scandinavian cooking blog. Prep time does not include time for yeast to proof or for dough to rise.
My Private Note
small r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the yeast with flour, then stir with water. Leave, covered, for half an hour.
- 2Add salt and treacle and add the flour, stirring continuously. Turn the dough to a floured surface and lightly knead to form a soft dough. You may need to incorporate an extra 50g flour here.
- 3Divide the dough into equal sized pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Transfer the portions to baking sheets lined with baking paper. Flatten each ball to a disk, about 3/4 inch thick, and prick with a fork.
- 4Cover the sheets with clean tea towels and leave to rise well.
- 5Preheat the oven to 400°C Sprinkle the bread with little water just before baking. Bake the breads for about 10 minutes or until the base has browned and sounds 'hollow' when tapped.
- 6Cool on a wire rack, covered with a tea towel, before serving.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ruisleipäset - Small Rye Breads
Serving Size: 1 (1058 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 234.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g