Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From the book, Church Suppers. It says that this dish can be made the night before and refrigerated. Just bake at 325 for 1 hour. This is a casserole dish that looks really good.
- 1 (8 ounce) package spinach pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 4 cups coarsely cut cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup toasted breadcrumbs
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions and drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the flour.
- Add the milk and chicken stock.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the the sauce thickens.
- Add the sour cream, lemon juice, mushrooms, seasoned salt, accent, nutmeg, paprika, peppers, and parsley flakes.
- Mix well.
- Butter a three quart casserole dish and place the noodles in it.
- Add a layer of chicken.
- Pour some of the sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with half of the bread crumbs and cheese.
- Repeat, ending with the cheese.
- Bake until bubbly, about 25 minutes.