1/49 Photos of Ruggles Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 35 mins
Peggy Lynn's Note:
This was a best selling dessert for Ruggles Grill, in Houston. It's a little different than some peanut butter cheesecakes--very good---with that winning combo, chocolate and peanut butter! Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For The Crust
For The Filling
- 2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (not natural-style)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter cups, broken into small pieces
For The Topping
- 1Please Note****Plan ahead--cheesecake needs to chill for at least 4 hours.
- 2To Make The Crust:.
- 3Combine crushed Oreo cookies and peanuts that have been ground in a food processor with the melted butter.
- 4Pat the crust mixture onto bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- 5To Make The Filling:.
- 6Beat cream cheese in bowl of electric mixer until smooth.
- 7Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 8Add sugar, peanut butter and cream; mix until smooth.
- 9Stir in vanilla, then fold in peanut butter cup pieces with a rubber spatula.
- 10Pour filling into prepared crust.
- 11Place springform pan into a larger baking pan.
- 12Pour hot water into the larger pan so that the water comes 1 inch up the sides of the springform pan.
- 13Bake at 275°F 1-1/2 hours, or until firm and lightly browned.
- 14For The Topping:.
- 15Combine the sour cream and sugar and spread on the cheesecake.
- 16Return the cake to the oven for 5 minutes.
- 17Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for one hour.
- 18You may run a knife along the edge of the cake to loosen it from the pan somewhat.
- 19Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ruggles Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1297.4
- Calories from Fat 798
- Total Fat 88.7 g
- Saturated Fat 37.2 g
- Cholesterol 238.5 mg
- Sodium 1111.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 80.4 g
- Protein 25.4 g