Recipe by Concoctionista
This is based from http://www.recipezaar.com/148315, Ina Garten's Rugelach cookies. I wanted to make a mini pie and didn't want to fuss with the rolling of the cookies. This is the way my husband prefers them. Also, our friend's kids couldn't keep their hands off of them!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, room temperature (I used country crock plus calcium)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 9 tablespoons granulated sugar, for topping
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves (I used all fruit)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the cheese and butter until light.
- Add 1/4 cup granulated sugar, the salt, and vanilla.
- On low speed, add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Dump the dough out onto a well-floured board and roll it into a ball.
- Cut the ball in quarters, wrap each piece in plastic, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To make the filling, combine 6 tablespoons of granulated sugar, the brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, the raisins, and pistachios.
- On a well-floured board, roll each ball of dough into a 9-inch circle.
- Using a cup or glass, cut circles into the dough.
- Place the circles in the bottom of a cupcake pan or mini torte pan.
- Spread the tortes with equal amounts of apricot preserves and sprinkle each with 1 heaping tsp of the filling.
- Press the filling lightly into the dough.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool.