Recipe by Antifreesz
WoW! I received these cookies at a cookie exchange and fell in love them, a new twist on an old favorite. I listed the ingredients as dough 1st 5, filling next 6 and topping next 2. I included chill time along with the 20 minute cook time.
Top Review by The Brunette Baker
The credit for these yummy little things goes to the Sweet On You Bakery via the Martha Stewart show. A video of them being made can be found on her website. I made them tonite and they're wonderful!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour, sifted bleached all-purpose
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light-brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves, heated and cooled slightly
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar and continue processing until fully incorporated.
- Add flour and pulse just until dough comes together.
- Divide dough into 2 equal pieces, wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated and brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, raisins, and walnuts; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 piece of dough into a rectangle about 1/8-inch thick.
- Spread a thin layer of preserves over dough; sprinkle with filling mixture.
- Roll dough into a log beginning with one of the long sides; wrap in plastic wrap. Transfer dough log baking sheet.
- Repeat process with remaining piece of dough.
- Place dough logs in refrigerator; let chill at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F; line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together 1 cup sugar 2 teaspoons cinnamon for the topping; set aside.
- Slice chilled dough logs crosswise, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Toss each cookie in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place cookies 3 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until lightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.