Recipe by Color Guard Mom
I got this recipe from a Christmas Cookie book back in 1988. My pastor back in Hawaii LOVES them. They are like mini nut rolls.
Top Review by PKG
Simple to make and delicious. The dough is tender and flaky (like a pie crust). I made 1/3rd of the dough with some mango and peach jam, although I filled it up too much and ended up baking out of it! It also lost its delicate texture--if I fill it with jam again I will add much less. The cinnamon, sugar and nut mixture is fabulous. Thanks for sharing this. My husband said this was great!
- 1 cup butter (I use parkay)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut butter into flour using 2 knives.
- In separate bowl, beat egg yolk and sour cream.
- Mix well and then add flour mixture. Once again, mix well.
- Divide dough into 3 parts, cover with plastic wrap and refrig. at least 3 hours.
- Prepare filling by combining sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts. Preheat oven to 375.
- Working with one portion of dough at a time, roll into a circle approximately 1/8 inch thick.
- Brush with melted butter and spread 1/3 of the filling mixture on each portion.
- Cut each circle into 16 wedges (like a pizza). Roll, starting at large end.
- Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.