Dienia B.'s Note:
It is very close to Swedish. They make 4 loaves at time so I would use the button for 1 loaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften yeast in 1/4 cup warm water.
- 2Add brown sugar, milk, and water.
- 3Add 2 cups white flour; beat well; let double in bulk.
- 4Mix anise seeds and dark syrup in saucepan; bring to a boil; cook 1 minute; strain out seeds.
- 5Add butter; cool.
- 6When lukewarm, add rye flour, graham flour, and salt to the yeast mixture.
- 7Add grated orange zest; and knead on floured board, adding enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- 8Let rise until double in bulk.
- 9Divide dough into 4 parts; place each in well greased pan; let rise until double in size.
- 10You can brush the tops with a mixture of Karo syrup and water; put in caraway seeds in last knead.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 1 hour. Some start with 425 degree Fahrenheit oven for first 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rugbrod Norwegian Rye Bread
Serving Size: 1 (3424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1930.7
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 55.2 mg
- Sodium 2545.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 404.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.9 g
- Sugars 95.5 g
- Protein 38.9 g