Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Dough and filling keeps in refrigerator about 2 days.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cake yeast
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix butter with flour, salt, and sugar until crumbly.
- Crumble yeast into cream and stir in the egg yolks.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients to make a dough and chill it for 4 hours or more.
- On a lightly floured board, roll out 1/3 of the pastry into a thin circle.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
- Sprinkle onto the dough. Dot with golden raisins.
- Cut into triangles (Grandma says she gets 12, but you can make them larger if you want) and roll up starting at the wide end and place on a greased cookie sheet, point side down.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Let rise 30 minutes at room temperature. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.