Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great way to get your vegetables. This is a good work night meal; it's simple, delicious and quick. You could make it even easier by purchasing chopped olives and a precut, prewashed vegetable mix from the produce section. Since the parsley gets put into the blender you don't need to be too picky about the stems, a few smaller ones won't hurt a thing.
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs cauliflower, cut into 1 inch flowerettes and the stems sliced thin
- 1⁄2 lb ruffle-edged cone-shaped pasta (or corkscrew-shaped pasta)
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, chopped fine (or your favorite or olive tapenade)
- salt and pepper
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta.
- Puree parsley and oil in blender.
- Steam cauliflower for 5 minutes or until just tender.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente; drain.
- Pour pasta back into pot and toss with the parsley sauce, cauliflower, olives and salt and pepper to taste.