Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
So simple to make.
Make and share this Rudy's Pasta E Fagioli recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup carrot, Chopped
- 2⁄3 cup celery, Chopped
- 2⁄3 cup onion, Chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 8 cups beef stock
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes (2 cans)
- 14 ounces red kidney beans (1 can)
- 14 ounces cannellini (1 can)
- 2 teaspoons oregano, Dried
- 3 teaspoons parsley, Dried
- 1 teaspoon pepper sauce (Tabasco)
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 4 ounces ditalini pasta
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot. Saute carrots, celery and onions until the carrots have softened. Add ground beef and stir occasionally to break up the pieces. Add freshly ground pepper.
- When the beef is fully cooked and no longer pink, strain off the excess fat and discard. Add tomatoes and their juices. Add beans, stock, oregano, parsley, and pepper sauce. Stir in the tomato paste. Add the pasta.
- Simmer at least 20 minutes, and adjust seasonings to taste.
Very good and easy to make. I didn't use the oil and I didn't have any celery, I also used a whole can of tomato past. I followed the rest of the recipe as written.This makes A LOT! We enjoyed this. Made for Fall PAC 2012.