Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Adorable little Rudolph-faced cookies that are sure to be a hit with the kids! From Southern Living 2007....
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 36 pretzel twists
- 36 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 18 red cinnamon candies
- Freeze dough 15 minutes.
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut dough with a 3 inch round cutter, and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Using thumb and forefinger, pinch opposite sides of each slice about 2/3 of the way down to shape face.
- Break curved sides away from center of each pretzel twist to form antlers. Press bottom of 1 set of antlers on each side at top of each reindeer face.
- Bake at 350 degrees according to package directions or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; press in 2 chocolate mini morsels for eyes and 1 red cinnamon candy for nose. Let cool 1 minute on baking sheet. Remove to wire racks, let cool 2o minutes more or until completely cool.
I never saw the SL article, but I've made similiar cookies like this since I was in Jr. High. I always used peanut butter cookies with the mini pretzels, chocolate chip eyes and m&m nose.