Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are adorable and would be perfect for a Christmas party :)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 5 -6 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 24 pretzel twists, broken in half (for antlers)
- M&M' (you'll need the reds for the noses)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 24 (2 1/2 inch) muffin pan cups with liners.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, and spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpicks inserted in centers come out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool on racks completely.
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, and 4 tablespoons strong brewed coffee and beat until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate, vanilla, and salt; beat until well blended.
- Add remaining coffee 1 tablespoon at a time, until frosting is of desired spreading consistency.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with frosting.
- Stick 2 broken pretzel pieces in cupcake standing up, for antlers.
- Give all the Rudolphs a red m&m nose and 2 m&m's that are the same color, for eyes. (Could also use skittles for this if you like).