Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy chocolate mix. Great for gifts or to have around the house to snack on.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (17 ounce) box Rice Chex, mix
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Melt the butter, chocolate chips and peanut butter together in microwave safe bowl until melted, about 4 minutes. Pour the melted mixture over the cereal, tossing careful so you don’t crush the cereal. Pour the powdered sugar over the cereal in a large paper bag or clean trash bag. Toss to coat all the cereal.
- Let dry and store in an air tight container.
- To give as gifts, place in tins or coffee cans covered with Christmas wrap.
We call this Dogfood! So yummy! I have enjoyed this since iwas a kid!
This was a fun recipe to make. I used a large trash bag, and my husband and I were laughing so hard that we were crying! It must have been the time of night we were making these because remembering this now it seems kinda weird! LOL Anyway I had to use the trash bag because I doubled the recipe (it was going on Christmas Plates this year) and only had to use 4 cups of the powdered sugar with the doubled batch. Everyone loved it! Thanks so much for a quick recipe!