Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is another of my Aunt Ruby's recipes. One of my absolute favorites !!! Just a note, originally the amount of cheese was incorrect. Instead of 1/2 cup it should have said 1 and 1/2 cups.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter and cheese.
- Add salt, pepper and flour to butter mixture.
- Mixing briefly with a mixer.
- Work in Rice Krispies either with the mixer or by hand.
- Form into small balls(about the size of an olive), placing on a cookie sheet.
- Flatten each ball with a fork (pressing the fork into the cookie, pulling across-- making little ridges).
- Keep the fork clean by dipping in flour, if necessary.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
Tasty, loved the crunch, but too floury - needs more oomph - maybe add Frank's Red Hot sauce and more cheese/less flour? Will definitely try again! Thanks!