Recipe by Ann Arber
This dessert is equally good in a baked pie shell or graham cracker, or shortbread crust. I love meringue shells, though. I make this for my friends and family all the time.
- 1 package junket danish dessert mix
- 1 3⁄4 cups cold water
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, whipped (makes 1 cup)
- meringue, shells (either 1 9" or 8 single serving "Whole" strawberries (if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir contents of danish dessert into water in med saucepan.
- Bring to full boil.
- Boil one minute,stirring constantly.
- Cool slightly.
- In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Gently fold in whipped cream and 2 Tablespoons of cooled danish dessert.
- Spread into meringue shells.
- Top with danish dessert, drizzling over edges for appeal.
- Top with whipped cream and whole strawberries if desired.