Recipe by Christmas Carol
I couldn't resist sharing another Top Secret Restaurant Recipe with you! By Todd Wilbur, of course.From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. Although I've been to Ruby Tuesday, I've never had their potato soup until now. Oh this is good! On a cool Autumn evening, whip up this soup and most likely you'll find yourself making it again and again.
Top Review by AmyZoe
I can't tell you if it's anything like Ruby Tuesday's, but I can tell you it's delicious. A definite make-again recipe. I found this recipe courtesy of Top Secret Recipes and Todd Wilbur. Thanks for posting Christmas Carol!
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely minced celery
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1 tablespoon grated carrot
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and chop into bite-size pieces.
- Make sure vegetables are minced into very small pieces- carrot should be grated, not shredded.
- In a large saucepan, combine vegetables with chicken stock, salt, and vinegar over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and milk.
- Remove saucepan with vegetables from heat and add flour and milk mixture.
- Return pan back to heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 8 minutes or until soup has thickened.
- Add 1 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese to soup and simmer until melted.
- By now the potatoes should be tender and falling apart.
- If not, continue cooking until soup is as thick as you like it.
- To serve, divide soup into 2 bowls.
- Divide remaining 1 tablespoons of Monterrey Jack and Cheddar cheeses and sprinkle on the soup.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle evenly over the cheese.
- Top off each bowl of soup with chopped green onion.