Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A spicy broiled tilapia and shrimp in a creamy alfredo sauce. Served at Ruby Tuesday's with steamed broccoli, slice of garlic bread, and rice pilaf with cheese and tomato on top.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, cleaned, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced (or 2 tablespoons of dried minced garlic)
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Wash and dry tilapia fillets, spread with olive oil and creole seasoning, to your taste; Place in well oiled baking pan, bake for 8-10 minutes, until just white.
- While fish is baking, warm alfredo in a small saucepan.
- In a fry pan, melt 3 tbs butter, add minced garlic and cleaned, prepared shrimp, saute for about 5 minutes.
- When fish is ready, remove pan from oven; (OPTIONAL) You can put under the broiler for about a minute.
- Carefully remove fillets to plates, top with cooked shrimp and 1/4 cup of alfredo sauce; (OPTIONAL) Sprinkle with grated, parmesan cheese and a dusting more of creole seasoning.
I used a pound each of tilapia and shrimp. This was quick and easy to make. I also used old bay instead of creole seasoning as I didn't have any. We all enjoyed this.
I made this a couple of weeks ago for my family. They loved it! It tasted like the real deal! My husband literally gave it thumbs up. Walked in and gave the thumbs up sign because it was good. That's a keeper for me!
Loved it! Taste just like Ruby's and I used cheap frozen fish from walmart!