Recipe by Dee514
Here is another "copycat" recipe from CDKitchen.com. If you love garlic and mushrooms, try these! I have made this recipe using "baby bella" mushrooms instead of the "white stuffing-mushrooms", and it is wonderful! Makes a great appetizer or "party snack".
Top Review by Sharon123
I fixed these for dinner tonight (I picked this for Zaar Cookbook Tag, making recipes that are in your cookbook) and just loved them! Wonderful taste! I used crushed garlic in a jar. For the breadcrumbs I used 1 piece of Jewish rye bread. Yummy! Thanks!
- 1 head garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 16 mushrooms (2 inch diameter)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup fine fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- vegetable oil cooking spray (Pam)
- fresh rosemary (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel outer papery skin from garlic head.
- Cut off top 1/3" to expose garlic cloves.
- Place garlic head, cut side up, in small ramekin.
- Drizzle 1 1/2 Tablespoons oil over garlic head.
- Wrap ramekin in double thickness of foil.
- Place in oven; roast garlic for 30 minutes.
- Open top of foil, exposing garlic, continue to roast garlic until golden (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Cut out mushroom stems; chop stems finely.
- Melt butter with 1 teaspoon oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped stems; sauté until beginning to release juices (about 3 minutes).
- Add breadcrumbs; stir until crumbs are toasted (about 5 minutes).
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Mix in parsley and chopped rosemary.
- Separate roasted garlic into cloves and peel; reserve oil.
- Using fork, finely mash enough garlic in bowl to measure 1 1/2 Tablespoons.
- Mix in reserved oil.
- Stir garlic mixture into chopped mushroom mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Line large baking sheet with foil, spray with oil spray.
- Brush mushroom caps with 1 1/2 Tablespoons oil.
- Place rounded side down on prepared sheet.
- Lightly salt mushrooms.
- Spoon filling into mushrooms, mounding in center.
- **Canbe made 1 day ahead.
- Cover& chill.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake mushrooms uncovered until tender (about 20 minutes).
- Arrange on platter; garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.