Pasta, black beans, and chicken all mingling together in a spicy cream sauce. Recipe created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese or 1 (16 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons minced red chili peppers
- 4 tablespoons green chili peppers, minced (1 1/2 pepper)
- 4 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 dash paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- vegetable oil
- 1 dash dried thyme
- 1 dash dried summer savory
- 1 (16 ounce) box penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- green onion, chopped
- 1Prepare the barbecue or preheat your stovetop grill.
- 2Combine the cheese spread with the cream in a small saucepan.
- 3Saute' the red chili pepper and 2 tablespoons green chili pepper, 2 tablespoons onion, and 1/2 clove garlic in the olive oil for a couple minutes then add the water to the pan so that the peppers do not scorch. Simmer another 2 minutes or until the water has cooked off.
- 4When the cheese is smooth, add the sauteed vegetables, 1/4 teaspoon salt, sugar, vinegar, and cumin. Leave on low heat, stirring occasionally, until the other ingredients are ready.
- 5Pour the entire can of beans with the liquid into a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the remaining green chili pepper, onions, garlic, a pinch of salt, and a dash of paprika. Bring the beans to a boil, stirring often, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until everything else is ready. By this time the beans will have thickened and the onions will have become transparent.
- 6Rub the chicken breasts lightly with oil, then season with salt, thyme, and savory.
- 7Cook the breasts on a hot grill for 5 minutes per side or until done. When they have cooked thoroughly, remove them from the grill and use a sharp knife to slice each breast into 1/2-inch slices, so that they are easier to eat. Retain the shape of the chicken breast by keeping the slices in order with one hand as you slice.
- 8As the chicken cooks, prepare the pasta in a large pot filled with 3 to 4 quarts of boiling water. Cook the pasta for 12 to 14 minutes or until tender. Drain the pasta in a colander, and toss with the butter.
- 9When everything is ready, spoon one-fourth of the pasta onto each plate.
- 10Pour about 1/3 cup of the black beans over the pasta.
- 11Carefully add a sliced breast of chicken, being sure to maintain its shape as you lay the slices on the bed of pasta.
- 12Spread 1/3 cup of black beans over the chicken.
- 13Sprinkle 1/4 cup of chopped tomatoes on the beans.
- 14Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of green onions on the tomatoes and serve immediately. Salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ruby Tuesday Sonora Chicken Pasta Copycat by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1150.1
- Calories from Fat 420
- Total Fat 46.7 g
- Saturated Fat 26.2 g
- Cholesterol 213.5 mg
- Sodium 2149.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 125.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.6 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 59.7 g