Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
a yummy holiday adult drink
Make and share this Ruby Slippers (From Cuisine at Home) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 orange, juice and rind of
- 1 (25 ounce) bottle sparkling white wine
- 1 cup cranberries
- Pulse cranberries and juice in a food processor until berries are coarsely chopped.
- Simmer in a saucepan over medium heat with sugar, orange rind, and juice until syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Strain; cool syrup to room temperature.
- Pour 1-2 T. syrup into glasses (or flutes),
- Top with sparkling wine.
- Garnish cocktails with whole cranberries.
- If desired, rub the rims of champagne flutes with an orange wedge and dip in red sugar.
Actually, the name is Ruby Sippers... :) A delicious, festive drink. I made a quadruple batch for a party, had the syrup in a pitcher with a shot glass, Prosecco, and red-sugar-rimmed flutes nearby so it was easy to put these together as needed. By the way, the syrup needs to be very cold when the wine is added, so make it several hours ahead.