This is the cake I always made for my youngest daughter's birthday when she was growing up. I used to frost it with white fluffy frosting, sprinkle it with shredded coconut and decorate it with a big red ribbon, like a Fluffy White Christmas Wreath, as she had a Christmas birthday. I lost my copy of the recipe and have been looking for it for years and was delighted to finally find it. I am posting it here so I never lose it again! It is a delicious cake with a lovely raspberry filling.
- Combine cake mix, sour cream, water and eggs in large bowl.
- Blend, then beat at medium speed 2 minutes until creamy.
- Spoon 1/3 of batter into well-greased and floured 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 the gelatin.
- Repeat layers.
- Spread remaining batter over gelatin to cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes, until cake springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool on rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.