Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this on the internet looking for drinks with the Ruby Red Absolut Vodka. It is from Emiril Lagasse 2002. This recipe calls for either citrus vodka or vodka, but it is terrific with the Ruby Red vodka!
- 1 1⁄2 ounces ruby red vodka
- 1⁄2 ounce triple sec
- 3 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice
- 2 teaspoons creme de cassis (I used Chambord) or 2 teaspoons raspberry liqueur (I used Chambord)
- coarse brown sugar (optional garnish)
- If you would like to garnish the glass, wet the rim of a martini glass with a little of the ruby red grapefruit juice and then dip the rim into the brown sugar.
- In a shaker over ice, combine the Ruby Red Vodka, Triple Sec, and juice. Shake to mix and chill.
- Strain into the martini glass.
- Slowly add the creme de cassis or raspberry liqueur so that it settles on the bottom of the glass.
Oh *Wow* a new favorite! Loved the raspberry liqueur (Chambord) with the Red Absolut. Who knew? It is a great combo. This had all the flavors I expected, and more. Thanks for Sharing Kim! (Made for Bevy Tag 7/08) Cheers ~V Muah!
Not bad. I had to add more grapefruit juice so I did not taste the vodka. Made this for *ZWT4* 2008 for the Eastern European region. I'm playing on the team *Tastebud Tickling Travelers* Got to love ZWT4! Thank you for posting.
I LOVE this drink!! It's just perfect and it's not too sweet! I was so happy to see a recipe with grapefruit juice! Great for my back patio relaxation time! Thanks Kim. ZWT4