Recipe by Ashbabe
I actually got this recipe from Parents Magazine 11 years ago when I made my first ever Thanksgiving dinner. It's a wonderful cranberry relish with apples and just a hint of orange zest. I make this every year, I have never bought canned 'cranberry jelly' yuck!
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries, rinsed and picked through
- 2 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat bring sugar and water to a boil. Add cranberries, apples, cinnamon and allspice.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until cranberries pop - about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in orange peel.
- This can be made up to 3 days in advance and stays in the refrigerator up to 7 days in a tightly sealed container. (but it never lasts that long, lol).