Recipe by Mercy
From Mr. Food...he suggests serving over grilled meats or fish, or using as a dip for tortilla chips. The 4 hours cooking time is actually chilling time.
Top Review by MN_SpiceHunter
Fantastic! I'd tried other grapefruit salsa recipes without much success, but it sounded so good I kept trying. This is definitely the one. It was at its best the day after I made it, the flavors blended overnight. My only modification--leaving out the oil. Those other recipes proved to me that oiled grapefruit feels really nasty on the tongue.
- 1 large ruby red grapefruit, peeled, cut into sections, membrane removed, and chopped (a.k.a. supreme)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil