1/1 Photo of Ruby Red Grapefruit Bars
Chef #642707's Note:
I found the recipe for these bars at www.cookiemadness.net, made them, LOVED them, and thought they were too delicious not to post on Recipezaar. They're similar to lemon bars, yet sweeter and less tangy. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.87 ml salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 59.14 ml powdered sugar
- 118.32 ml unsalted butter
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 inch square metal pan with non-stick foil or parchment.
- 2Combine flour, salt and powdered sugar. Cut in butter (food processor works well) until mixture is coarse and crumbly. It should be very dry.
- 3Press into pan and bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- 4Beat together eggs, sugar, grapefruit juice,and grapefruit zest. **Add more zest for a more "grapefruity" flavor.
- 5Whisk in baking powder, making sure you whisk out any lumps, then whisk in flour.
- 6Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set.
- 7Cool completely, then sprinkle top with powdered sugar. Lift from pan and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ruby Red Grapefruit Bars
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.3
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.7 mg
- Sodium 69.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: