Recipe by whit0788
I found the recipe for these bars at www.cookiemadness.net, made them, LOVED them, and thought they were too delicious not to post on Recipezaar. They're similar to lemon bars, yet sweeter and less tangy. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.87 ml salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 59.14 ml powdered sugar
- 118.32 ml unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml fresh grapefruit juice (from a pink or Ruby Red)
- 4.92 ml fresh grated grapefruit zest
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml flour
- powdered sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 inch square metal pan with non-stick foil or parchment.
- Combine flour, salt and powdered sugar. Cut in butter (food processor works well) until mixture is coarse and crumbly. It should be very dry.
- Press into pan and bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- Beat together eggs, sugar, grapefruit juice,and grapefruit zest. **Add more zest for a more "grapefruity" flavor.
- Whisk in baking powder, making sure you whisk out any lumps, then whisk in flour.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely, then sprinkle top with powdered sugar. Lift from pan and cut into squares.