3 hrs 15 mins
It's in the Bag! For an easy way to prepare roasts that simplifies preparation and clean-up, try the special cellophane-like oven-safe "bags" that have been on the market for years. The beef remains moist without basting and your oven remains splatter-free.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Follow instructions on package of regular"oven bags".
- 3Combine first 4 ingredients.
- 4Place roast in bag and pour jelly mixture over meat.
- 5Insert meat thermometer through bag into centre of roast.
- 6Cook roast in"oven bag" placed in roaster for approximately 18 to 21 minutes per lb.
- 7for rare (140 degrees on meat thermometer), 21 to 23 minutes per lb.
- 8(42 to 46 minutes per lb) for medium (160 degrees) and 23 to 28 minutes per lb.
- 9(46 to 56 minutes per lb) for well done (170 degrees).
- 10Slit bag open and remove roast.
- 11Slice thinly across the grain and serve drizzled with juices from roast.
- 12If desired, juices may be thickened with mixture of 2 tbsps.
- 13each of cornstarch and cold water.
- 14If you don't have an"oven bag", brown roast on all sides in a large lightly oiled pot.
- 15Add remaining ingredients and cook covered for at least 3 hours on stove top or in a 325 degree oven.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ruby-Glazed Roast Beef
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 506.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef blade roast