1/1 Photo of Ruby Cranberry Vanilla Sauce
This is almost jam-like in consistency and has such a knock-out flavor from its simplicity. You can be versatile with flavorings (rum, brandy, vodka, lemon, lime, or orange peel) and this can be used to fill doughnuts, cupcakes, cookies, or heated and served over pound cakes or cheesecakes. ...It happens to marry well with French Toast and pancakes (gingerbread pancakes with warm maple syrup, a little whipped cream, a touch of orange zest, and mugs of hot cocoa creates a very beautiful sensation in our kitchen on cold Sunday mornings!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together the cranberries, sugar, and water in a 2-qt. saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil, 5-10 minutes.
- 2Continue cooking, stirring often, until cranberries pop and mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 3-4 minutes longer.
- 3Remove pan from heat; cool 30 minutes.
- 4Stir in the vanilla; transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 5Bring to room temperature before using, or if serving as a sauce, warm in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring once, until desired consistency is reached.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ruby Cranberry Vanilla Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (622 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 156.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 141.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g