Iron Woman's Note:
I love Rubio's fish tacos and burritos. This recipe is courtesy of Chef Ernie Vega, Rubio’s Baja Grill. Let me know that you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tortilla
- 1 ounce guacamole
- 1 ounce monterey jack cheese
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese
- 5 1/2 ounces refried beans
- 3 ounces grilled mahi mahi
- 1/4 ounce cilantro
- 1/4 ounce onion
- 1 ounce salsa fresca
- 3/4 ounce cabbage
Chipotle Cream Sauce
- 12 dried chipotle chiles, stemmed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 teaspoons water
- 1Layer cheese, beans and mahi in tortilla. Add cilantro, onion and cabbage.
- 2Top with guacamole, chipotle white sauce and salsa.
- 3Roll tightly into burrito shape.
- 4To make Chipotle Cream Sauce:
- 5Bring large pot of water to boil.
- 6Add chilies and boil until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 7Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- 8Puree chiles with 1/4 cup cooking liquid in blender. Strain through sieve. Set aside.
- 9Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- 10Add 1 tablespoon chipotle paste, onion, rosemary, pepper, shallot and garlic and stir 2 minutes.
- 11Add wine and boil until reduced by half.
- 12Add cream and boil until reduced to thin sauce consistency, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- 13Taste, adding more chipotle paste if desired. Add cornstarch mixture and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm before using.) Add chipotle cream sauce to your burrito to give it that creamy and tangy Rubio's flavor.
Browse Our Top Mahi Mahi Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mahi Mahi Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rubio's Mahi Mahi Burrito Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (1326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3396.6
- Calories from Fat 2658
- Total Fat 295.3 g
- Saturated Fat 182.0 g
- Cholesterol 1027.7 mg
- Sodium 1546.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.0 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 57.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: