Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Figured this out when I wanted Rubio's food, but didn't want to pay money to buy it.
Make and share this Rubio's Chipotle Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon pureed chipotle chiles or 1 tablespoon one cube of dried chipotle chili, crushed
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients except chilies in a bowl.
- Put about one or two or the chilies in a food processor and whir until smooth. You may need to add a little bit of the mayo or sour cream to get it going. (Note: if you are using the cubed kind, ignore this step).
- Add the chilies to the mayo mixture. You may want to add more or less chipotles, depending on your tolerance level. Even a little can be very spicy.
- Serve on you favorite tacos.
- Be happy.
Love this recipe!!! Fast easy and delicious.
This was good. I used chipotle in adobe sauce which gave it a great color. I was thinking about other things and didn't pay close attention to my chilies. HOLY SNIKES...I made this hot. It's a good thing we like our food hot. Before we sat down to eat our fish tacos I took two zantac just in case, lol. I hope Rubio's comes to the East Coast at some point. I've searched for a copy cat of their shrimp burrito (which is my fav.) to no avail.