Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Here are many uses for that bottle you have in your house.
- rubbing alcohol
- water (some uses)
- Sterilize thermometers.
- Nail Fungus – soak feet in equal parts water and rubbing alcohol.
- Muscle & Joint Reliever – rub on sore muscles and joints to relieve pain.
- Ear Wax – dab equal parts alcohol and vinegar into ear, repeat every other week.
- Swimmer’s Ear – Pour a little in the ear to help evaporate the water and help prevent infection.
- Athlete’s Foot – rub on feet daily.
- Hand Sanitizer – mix 2/3 cup alcohol and 1/3 cup aloe vera gel
- Remove Ticks – dab tick with alcohol, rub tick as close to skin as possible and dab again to disinfect.
- Mosquito Bites –dab on bites to relieve itch and help heal.
- Cold Sores – dab on cold sore to dry out the area.
- Window Cleaner – 1 cup alcohol to 1 cup water. Shines windows and prevents frost.
- Remove Hairspray – wipe counters and mirrors with alcohol to remove sticky residue.
- Windshield Frost – spray on windshield to remove frost.
- Floor scuffs – dampen cloth with alcohol and wipe away.
- Chrome Cleaner – Pour on a soft cloth and wipe fixtures.
- Laundry Stains – Soak the spot for a few minutes before washing (paint, ink, markers).
- Remove Permanent Marker Marks from Hard Surfaces – Saturate ink and wipe away.
- Makeup Brush Sanitizer – soak brushes in alcohol for 30 minutes. Air dry. Repeat every couple weeks.
- Ring Around the Collar – wipe on neck before you dress.
- Stainless Steel Cleaner – removes fingerprints and smudges leaving only shine.
- Degreaser – use on appliances, countertops, cabinets. Can be used to remove grease from carpet by applying to a rag and lightly rubbing the stain.
- Electronic Cleaner – with a dampened rag, wipe phones, stereos, gaming systems, etc. to remove grime and disinfect.
- Eyeglasses Cleaner – spray a small amount and wipe with a soft cloth.
- Jewelry Cleaner – soak jewelry for a few minutes, remove and polish with soft, clean cloth.
- Remove Fruit Flies – spray with a fine mist.
- Kill Dust Mites (maybe Bed Bugs) – spray on bed, let dry, then vacuum.
- Air Freshener – mix 1 cup alcohol with 10-15 drops essential oil.
- Remove Sticky Residue – soak area for a few minutes and wipe away.
- Make an Ice Pack – 1 part alcohol and 3 parts water in a zip lock, freeze and use.
- Nail Polish Remover – in a pinch try it.
- Candl Cleaner – use a dam rag to wipe away dust and grime from candles.
- Clean Dry Erase Board – wipe with damp rag.
- Shoe Stretcher – apply a thin coat of alcohol to the interior and exterior. Place shoe on you foot or use shoe stretcher to resize.
- Remove Shoe Odor – spray shoes with alcohol and place in a sunny spot to dry.
- Freshen Onion/Garlic Hands – rinse with rubbing alcohol.