1/1 Photo of Rubbing Alcohol Uses
Here are many uses for that bottle you have in your house.
My Private Note
- 1Sterilize thermometers.
- 2Nail Fungus – soak feet in equal parts water and rubbing alcohol.
- 3Muscle & Joint Reliever – rub on sore muscles and joints to relieve pain.
- 4Ear Wax – dab equal parts alcohol and vinegar into ear, repeat every other week.
- 5Swimmer’s Ear – Pour a little in the ear to help evaporate the water and help prevent infection.
- 6Athlete’s Foot – rub on feet daily.
- 7Hand Sanitizer – mix 2/3 cup alcohol and 1/3 cup aloe vera gel
- 8Remove Ticks – dab tick with alcohol, rub tick as close to skin as possible and dab again to disinfect.
- 9Mosquito Bites –dab on bites to relieve itch and help heal.
- 10Cold Sores – dab on cold sore to dry out the area.
- 11Window Cleaner – 1 cup alcohol to 1 cup water. Shines windows and prevents frost.
- 12Remove Hairspray – wipe counters and mirrors with alcohol to remove sticky residue.
- 13Windshield Frost – spray on windshield to remove frost.
- 14Floor scuffs – dampen cloth with alcohol and wipe away.
- 15Chrome Cleaner – Pour on a soft cloth and wipe fixtures.
- 16Laundry Stains – Soak the spot for a few minutes before washing (paint, ink, markers).
- 17Remove Permanent Marker Marks from Hard Surfaces – Saturate ink and wipe away.
- 18Makeup Brush Sanitizer – soak brushes in alcohol for 30 minutes. Air dry. Repeat every couple weeks.
- 19Ring Around the Collar – wipe on neck before you dress.
- 20Stainless Steel Cleaner – removes fingerprints and smudges leaving only shine.
- 21Degreaser – use on appliances, countertops, cabinets. Can be used to remove grease from carpet by applying to a rag and lightly rubbing the stain.
- 22Electronic Cleaner – with a dampened rag, wipe phones, stereos, gaming systems, etc. to remove grime and disinfect.
- 23Eyeglasses Cleaner – spray a small amount and wipe with a soft cloth.
- 24Jewelry Cleaner – soak jewelry for a few minutes, remove and polish with soft, clean cloth.
- 25Remove Fruit Flies – spray with a fine mist.
- 26Kill Dust Mites (maybe Bed Bugs) – spray on bed, let dry, then vacuum.
- 27Air Freshener – mix 1 cup alcohol with 10-15 drops essential oil.
- 28Remove Sticky Residue – soak area for a few minutes and wipe away.
- 29Make an Ice Pack – 1 part alcohol and 3 parts water in a zip lock, freeze and use.
- 30Nail Polish Remover – in a pinch try it.
- 31Candl Cleaner – use a dam rag to wipe away dust and grime from candles.
- 32Clean Dry Erase Board – wipe with damp rag.
- 33Shoe Stretcher – apply a thin coat of alcohol to the interior and exterior. Place shoe on you foot or use shoe stretcher to resize.
- 34Remove Shoe Odor – spray shoes with alcohol and place in a sunny spot to dry.
- 35Freshen Onion/Garlic Hands – rinse with rubbing alcohol.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rubbing Alcohol Uses
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g