Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from a Weight Watchers recipe.
Make and share this Rubbed Salmon With Tomatoes and Basil recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄8 cup dried basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon, cut into fillets
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Combine tomatoes, basil, vinegar, 1 t. salt, 1/4 t. pepper and garlic in a bowl, set aside.
- Combine cumin, remaining salt and pepper to make a rub. Rub into salmon fillets.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in skillet. Cook fish, skin side up for about 4 minutes, then turn, add tomato mixture to pan and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.