Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This just came in today's newspaper. I can't wait to try them this weekend!
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless rib-eye steaks, each about 1/2-inch thick
- Prepare gas grill to high heat.
- In small bowl, combine garlic, onion and chili powders with cumin. Sprinkle salt to taste on both sides of each steak. Place a scant tsp seasoning mixture on just 1 side of each steak, then rub spices into meat with your fingertips.
- Please steaks on grill, spiced side down and grill to desired doneness. For medioum, grill uncovered 2 min each side and for med rare cook 2 min each side.
These were so good and easy! I cooked them in my George Foreman grill, and they were tender and juicy. Thanks for this fast, simple steak recipe.
The weather was not for outside BBQ so I pan fried the steak. My ribeye was too large so I cut it in two & froze half but I rubbed the freezer bound half on both sides with this spice mix first. Perfect combination of spices Two minutes each side for medium is just right- added mushrooms to the pan just as I flipped the steak MMMM a real keeper Thanks SmHeradon.
These were excellent! I love anything with cumin!